Ankle Length Evening Dresses
An evening gown is a long flowing women's dress usually worn to a formal affair. It is generally floor-sweeping. Evening gowns are often made of an elegant fabric such as chiffon, velvet, satin, taffeta, silk, or charmeuse. Although the terms are used interchangeably, ball gowns and evening gowns differ in that a ball gown will always have a full, flared skirt and a strapless bodice; in contrast, an evening gown can be any silhouette - sheath, mermaid, A-line or trumpet shaped - and may have straps, halters or even sleeves.
Select ankle length evening dresses and gowns that fit you properly by taking your own measurements with a tape measures – when your ankle length evening gown is too loose, it will slip around all night and when your ankle length evening dress is too tight it looks unflattering; and be bold when you buy ankle length evening dresses because you can wear any color you want and include dazzling details such as rhinestones and a dramatic slit up to your thigh; and while black is a traditional evening wear color, step out of the box and grab attention by choosing bold colors such as red or electric blue.
Evening dresses and gowns can be formal or fun, depending on your destination. Shop around our vast selection of evening gowns to find something sexy and sparkling to show off your special sense of fashion and appeal.
- Sheath/Column Bust Corset Package Hip Daffodil Beading Sequins Chest wrap Zip up Mid Sweep Chiffon Evening Dresses (Eveningdresses1704) Sku:Eveningdresses1704 US$552.21US$276.10 Write a review
- Sheath/Column Spaghetti Straps Pink Ruched Sweet-Heart Zip up Mid No Trains Chiffon Evening Dresses (Eveningdresses1415) Sku:Eveningdresses1415 US$313.58US$141.11 Write a review
73%Espresso Empire Sling Sash Chiffon Ankle Length Evening Dress Evening Dresses for Cheap Sku:Eveningdresses1116 US$408.64US$114.42 Write a review
- Column Halter V-Neck Backless Applique Pleated Beading Chic Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1092 US$310.44US$139.70 10 Reviews
- A-Line One-Shoulder Ankle Length Ruched Brooch Duchess Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1082 US$359.19US$161.64 15 Reviews
- Sheath Spaghetti Straps Sweet-Heart Applique Pleated Beading Satin Organza Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1081 US$376.97US$169.64 21 Reviews
- Sheath/Column V-Neck Package Hip Embroidery Beading Ruched Taffeta Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1079 US$376.97US$169.64 20 Reviews
- Sheath/Column Strapless Ankle Length Ruched Sash Brooch Chic Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0904 US$288.27US$115.31 11 Reviews
- A-Line Strapless Asymmetrical Applique Pleated Beading Organza Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0890 US$332.62US$149.68 9 Reviews
- Sheath/Column Strapless Bust Corset Ankle Length Pleated Belt Tulle Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0810 US$359.19US$161.64 18 Reviews
64%Sheath/Column Spaghetti Straps Sweet-Heart Ruched Beading Sash Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0706 US$317.83US$114.42 18 Reviews
- Sheath/Column One-Shoulder Ankle Length Pleated Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0638 US$266.09US$106.44 19 Reviews
- A-Line Off-the Shoulder Bust Corset Taffeta Applique Pleated Beading Bow Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0631 US$310.44US$139.70 17 Reviews
- Sheath/Column Off-the Shoulder Asymmetrical Pleated Hot Lace Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0619 US$407.94US$203.97 12 Reviews
73%Sheath/Column Sling V-Neck Ankle Length Sweep Pleated Chic Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses0590 US$380.13US$106.44 14 Reviews
74%Sheath Strapless Floor Length Embroidery Beading Ruched Ribbon Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1044 US$517.40US$139.70 15 Reviews
- A-Line Halter Bust Corset Scoop Neck Ruched Brooch Chic Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1042 US$332.62US$149.68 12 Reviews
- A-Line Off-the Shoulder Ankle Length Ruched Sash Flower Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1041 US$332.62US$149.68 8 Reviews
- A-Line Sling Sweet-Heart Bust Corset Pleated Beading Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1030 US$310.44US$139.70 11 Reviews
- A-Line Off-the Shoulder Ankle Length Ruched Sash Chic Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1029 US$310.44US$139.70 7 Reviews
- Natural A-Line Sling Sweet-Heart Ankle Length Pleated Beading Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1028 US$332.62US$149.68 12 Reviews
- A-Line V-Neck Sling Bust Corset Ankle Length Beading Pleated Taffeta Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1026 US$332.62US$149.68 14 Reviews
- Column Halter Bust Corset Ankle Length Ruched Sash Chiffon Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1019 US$310.44US$139.70 18 Reviews
- A-Line Halter Bust Corset Ankle Length Ruched Brooch Chic Satin Evening Dress Sku:Eveningdresses1018 US$310.44US$139.70 17 Reviews
Are You Looking For?
2010 Evening Dresses 2011 Evening Dresses Evening Dresses On Sale Cheap Evening Dresses Wholesale Evening Dresses Discount Evening Dresses Short Evening Dresses Ball Gown Evening Dresses Black Evening Dresses Long Evening Dresses Elegant Evening Dresses Sexy Evening Dresses
You May Also Be Interested In:Ankle Length Evening DressesFlower/Rosette Evening DressesHot Lace Evening DressesA-Line Evening DressesRhinestone Evening DressesChapel Train Evening DressesDramatic Evening DressesContemporary Evening DressesPrincess Evening DressesBackless Evening DressesLong Sleeves Evening DressesBow Evening DressesCap Sleeves Evening DressesScoop Neckline Evening Dresses2010 Evening DressesFloral Evening Dresses
More Info About Evening Dresses
In the Middle Ages, formal dress for women had yet to be developed. Women simply added a train to their kirtle for formal occasions. As centuries rolled by, most gowns were generally very elaborate, but more so for formal occasions.
In the 18th century, formal dress started as the mantua, but later developed into the elaborate sack-back gown.
Starting with the 19th century, the term "evening gown" began. The fashionable length was ankle-length, but, during the reign of Victoria, the evening gown became floor-length. The styles ranged from having huge sleeves in the 1830s, to off-the-shoulder and with wide flounces in the 1840s, to very low-necked in the 1850s, to having low necklines and short sleeves in the 1860s, to long and lean with a bustle and very short sleeves in the 1870s, to sleeveless, low-necked, and worn with gloves in the 1880s, to having a squared decolletage, a wasp-waist cut, and skirts with long trains in the 1890s. During the Edwardian era, the empire silhouette was popular.
Later, in the 1920s, evening gowns were very simple to match the style of the flapper era. Starting with the 1930s, evening gowns began to modernize. Along with the empire cut, over the years the sheath, mermaid, A-line, and trumpet shapes became popular. Also, the dropped waist and princesse styles were frequent, depending on the era. Grace Kelly is noted for wearing understated evening gowns.
Today, the evening gown comes in any silhouette, and is popular for occasions such as a state dinner or evening party.
It I perfect fits great, I love it. I received my dress the other day. I was nervous about ordering my wedding dress online. It I perfec...
Hello I just got the dress is beautiful Hello I just got the dress is beautiful thanks
Colour Question Can I choose the colour of the appliqué of the dress too or is it automatically green like the pict...
wedding MARRIAGE IS AND ONLY WILL BE THE LOVE BETWEEN ON MAN AND ONE WOMAN. THANKS FOR THE DRESS.
Copyright © 2002-2020 DressesShop.com All Rights Reserved